Published various short Ruby scripts as gists
Out Of Date Warning
This article was published on 23/09/2013, this means the content may be out of date or no longer relevant.
You should verify that the technical information in this article is still up to date before relying upon it for your own purposes.
I published some small scripts as Github Gists, because I think, each of them are not worth mentioning as a individual blog post.
- Ruby: extracting PDF from MS Access OLE Blob
- Ruby: WebCrawler Base class for a crawler based on Capybara-Poltergeist (PhantomJS)
youtube_link_tagcode with extraction of youtube URL from various youtube-links
- Rails: Using Webfonts in Wicked-PDF (as Base64-coded inline fonts)
- Rails: Two Click Image helper for easy dropin daily refreshed Facebook/Twitter/SocialPlugins as static images (to comply with German data protection standards). Using wkhtmltoimage
- Vim/Rails: rails.vim projections for the new projections feature
- JS/Coursera: CopyPaste Script for downloading whole course videos (tested in Firefox)